The NCO Professional Development System (NCOPDS)
- The Basic Leaders Course (BLC) is a non-MOS specific, field-oriented leadership course built around basic leader tasks.
Phase 1 material
nco-exam-1 (Note: NCO exam once downloaded is time stamped for 30 minutes to complete)
Phase 2 material
Note: The following physical exams will be conducted during March-April Drill (physical profiles are exempt)
- PT TEST
- Phase 1 NCO, a 3 mile full gear road march – timed event
- Phase 2 NCO, a 5 mile full gear road march – 1 mile release – timed event
NCO Development Continued;
2. The Advance Leaders Course (ALC) consists of technical training. Technical training is “hands-on,” performance-oriented, and specific to the MOS.
3. The Senior Leaders Course (SLC) is structured similar to ALC and prepares NCOs to assume duties and responsibilities needed to lead a platoon or company-sized element.
4. The Master Leader Course (MLC) is designed to challenge and educate selected Sergeants First Class
5. The Sergeants Major Course (SMC) prepares selected MSGs to perform duties of a SGM and a command sergeant major (CSM) in staff and troop assignments. This course provides training to senior noncommissioned officers (SNCOs)
LTC Karelas, SM Williams, & SFC Lutte